Health and Nutrition
- Bakewell, Lisa. Alcohol Information for Teens: Health Tips About Alcohol and Alcoholism... YA 613.81 ALC
- Bakewell, Lisa. Fitness Information for Teens: Health Tips About Exercise... YA 613.704 FIT
- Bell, Ruth. Changing
Bodies Changing Lives: A Book for Teens on Sex and Relationships. Q YA
- Bellenir, Karen. Tobacco Information for Teens: Health Tips About the Hazards of Using Cigarettes... YA 613.102 TOB
- Diamond, Shifra. Everything
You Need to Know About Going to the Gynecologist. YA 618.1 DIA
- Glassman, Bruce. Everything
You Need to Know About Growing Up Male. 613.953 GLA
Ask Alice Book of Answers: A Guide to Good Physical, Sexual, and Emotional
Health. YA 613.043 GO
- Feinstein, Stephen. Sexualtiy and Teens: What You Should Know About Sex, Abstinence, Birth Control, Pregnancy and STDs. YA 306.708 FEI.
- Harris-Johnson, Debra.
African-American Teenager's Guide to Personal Growth, Health, Safety, Sex,
and Survival: Living and Learning. YA 646.7 HAR
- Kahaner, Ellen. Everything
You Need to Know About Growing Up Female. 305.235 KAH
- Kirberger, Kimberly.
Love Series On Relationships. YA 306.708 KIR
- Levin, Judith. Anxiety and Panic Attacks. 616.852 LEV
- Lawton, Sandra Augustyn. Sexual Health Information for Teens... 613.908 SEX
- Madaras, Lynda. The
What's Happening to My Body Book for Boys. J 613.953 MAD
- Madaras, Lynda. The
What's Happening to My Body Book for Girls YA 613.955 MAD
- Milan, Albert R. Breast Self-Examination: A Pictoral Manual. 616.994 MIL
- Mucciolo, Gary. Everything
You Need to Know About Birth Control. 613.94 MUC
- Westheimer, Ruth. Dr.
Ruth's Guide to Safer Sex. 613.95 WES
- Weston, Carol. Girltalk:
All the Stuff Your Sister Never Told You. 305.235 WES
- Wohlenhaus, Kim. Skin Health Information for Teens: Health Tips About Dermatological Concerns... YA 646.72 SKI
- AIDS/HIV Information Basic information, News Feed, Awareness Days information and more.
- Birth Control and Family Planning from MedlinePlus
GYN Exam provides information on what to expect during your first gynecological
and Nutrition Information Center provides much information on our nation's
habits and the results of these habits, healthy eating habits, dietary supplements,
and food composition.
is a resource for consumer health information
Tests Online describe medical test procedures and what different tests
diagnose. Learn about careers in the field and the procedures used in the
- MedlinePlus from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Authoritative information to help answer health questions.
Health Net provides information pertinent to mental helath issues.
Campaign to Prevent Teen and Unplanned Pregnancy has a page for teens. They include
questions to frequently asked questions and facts and figues.
Center for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention
Decisions Right Now is the R. J. Reynolds anti-smoking web site.
- Smoking & Tobacco Use Information on quitting smoking, data & statistics on tobacco use, frequently asked questions, and more from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
is provided by medical experts at the non-profit Nemours Foundation. There
are many articles about teen health issues.
is Planned Parenthood Federation of America's web site for teens.
Poisons Management Database was created in New Zealand. The free portion
cover over 60,000 poisonous materials and creatures with updates weekly.
- TOXNET Toxicology Data Network. Databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, environmental health and toxic releases from the National Library of Medicine.
Return to Fun
Return to the Home
Updated 5/21/10 by KDV