Life and Fun Stuff
for Beginners is a resource list created by Jervis Public Library.
Lists featuring book reviews written by teens for teens and book lists
created at Jervis Public Library.
Ballet on the Net is
a "collection of over 3,500 links to classical ballet and modern dance
resources on the internet."
(a list prepared by Jervis Library's Teen Services Librarian)
- Driving and Cars
- Games and Puzzles
- Brain Food
has a variety of puzzles including word and number puzzles.
Academy is for students
of all ages interested in learning chess. There are online lessons as
well as ones to download, and quizzes to test your knowledge.
to the Business of Babysitting provides
information on going into business, activities for ages and stages, and the
basics of child care. It even has a link to help you make your own business
School Journalism is the place to be for those interested in school newspapers
and making journalism a career.
- Meritbadge.com is helpful for outlines of badge requirements for Boy Scouts. We also own
a complete collection of the merit badge books for you to check out. Ask a
Youth Violence Prevention Resource Center
Express is a remarkable
resource for inspiring poetry. It includes a fill in the blank poem generator
and 15 creative writing prompts.
- Social and Political Issues
- Do Something "Powering Offline Action" - Do Something helps young people everywhere get involved to improve their communities
- The Economist Weekly newspaper focusing on international politics and business news and opinion.
- The Free Child Project Provides tools and training to young people and adults that engage children and youth in social change.
Collecting is a list
of resources prepared by Jervis Library.
- Summer on Campus
in New York Colleges includes programs for people aged 8-18.
is a great site for sports statistics.
is the site for finding out past scores of NCAA tournaments in all sports.
Return to Homework
and Research Center
Return to Home
Updated 5/20/10 by KDV